Top 5 tips for writing a successful award entry
- Follow the entry criteria carefully – stick within the 1,000 word limit, which is divided in to 3 criteria.
- Plan the structure of your award carefully and make sure you have strong enough evidence to reinforce your successes. Predicted success is not going to impress the judges!
- Keep the language simple and leverage the skills of your design colleagues who can bring the award to life using imagery and charts. After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words.
- Are you shouting loud enough about your success? Take advantage of providing supporting evidence to back up your claims – just ensure it’s clearly referenced in your entry.
- Don’t leave it to the last minute. Successful award entries are achieved by investing time in structuring, writing and evidencing your achievements. It will also buy you enough time to thoroughly review the entry with your team and with a good proof reader.
By following our top 5 tips, you are well on your way to differentiating between a good and best in class award entry!
And if you still need convincing why entering an Air Cargo News Award is important for your organisation, here are some of our 2019 winners to explain why...
“We were thrilled to win the Air Cargo News Innovation Award this year. Not only does it confirm the value of our data sharing platform, but also the pioneering role our users are taking in driving innovation and digitisation in the air cargo industry.”
“Winning GSSA of the Year 2019 was a great honour for us. As a company who always strives to be the best it was a very proud moment. The award recognises all of our dedicated colleagues who have worked relentlessly day-in and day-out to make this company a respected brand in the industry.”
“We were absolutely delighted that our dedication to air freight has been recognised by the Air Cargo News Awards. Being named as 2019 Best Cargo Airline Europe strengthens our motivation to be even better for our customers now and in the future.”